MHACA’s Support Coordination Team assists NDIS participants with mental health difficulties and a permanent and significant disability to access quality formal and informal support services in their community.
The Specialist Support Coordinator will have responsibility for establishing and maintaining a positive collaborative relationship with the participant. They will at times work with participants with complex needs requiring time limited supports utilising their additional expertise. They have responsibility for ensuring the participant is linked to the services and supports that will allow them to achieve the goals articulated in their NDIS Plan. The Specialist Support Coordinator will actively be involved in the development, implementation, monitoring, review and reporting of participants programs with key stakeholders.
Participants are supported and encouraged to have control and choice over how, when and where those supports are provided. The Specialist Support Coordinator are employed to facilitate this process and help participants and their families seek opportunities to build capacity to enable them to reach greater levels of independence and improved quality of life.
- Providing Specialist Support Coordination in accordance with NDIS Practice Standards
- Providing person centred services that enrich the lives of people living with mental illness.
- The development of complex service plans to address barriers.
- Negotiate appropriate support solutions with multiple stakeholders and seek to achieve well-coordinated plan implementation.
- Ensure that all funding management activities are undertaken, so that all services are delivered with a service agreement in place.
- When required provide time limited support to participants, resolving points of crisis and assisting to reduce the complexities in the broader context of their support environment.
- Actively engage in the development, monitoring, review and reporting of participant’s NDIS Implementation Plans and sharing progress with key stakeholders.
- Maintain up to date accurate and comprehensive participant records and documentation in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Liaise with and report as required to NDIA in relation to NDIS participants and their plans.
For a full job description and application details click this link Specialist Support Coordinator JD