In keeping with MHACA’s vision, the Pathways Program promotes opportunities and choices for people with mental health difficulties in a supportive and facilitative environment that promotes recovery. It is a welcoming environment offering practical assistance and facilities as well as access to structured social, educational creative and therapeutic programs. The Pathways Program Activities Officer works in conjunction with the Mental Health Recovery Support Team to implement social recreational programs and the drop-in centre.
The Pathways Activities Officer will work as a member of the day program team will:
- Support people with a severe and persistent mental illness who experience social isolation.
- Collaborate with the peer workers to maintain the drop-in area.
- Greet participants and making them welcome.
- Increase Community participation by assisting participants to develop new skills, develop social networks and participate in community activities.
- Accompany participants to community activities and support them to participate.
- Arrange and implement social, educational and recreational activities which includes appropriate cultural and diverse social engagements.
- Ensuring participants know how to use the facilities – e.g. washing machine, showers, computers etc.
- Ensure all activities meet WHS guidelines.
- Keep accurate documentation including making sure the daily activities and drop-in attendance sheet are filled out and kept up to date.
- Be available to work within a rotating roster including evenings and weekends.
- Must be compassionate, respectful and patience.
- Be able to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Actively participate in the organisation’s quality, safety and risk management systems.
For a full job description please see the link below;