MHACA is a specialist psychosocial recovery and mental health promotion organisation with a strong presence and reputation in the community. We strive to make a difference in the lives of people with a mental illness by supporting participant-driven mental health recovery and assisting communities and organisations to actively improve their mental health and well-being.
Our psychosocial support services and educational programs aim to enhance the mental health and wellbeing of people living in Central Australia through a range of programs and activities including:
· NDIS funded support coordination, capacity building, living skills and social and recreational activities
· Individual support to people experiencing mental illness
· Tenancy support to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
· A day program offering group activities and peer support
· Mental health promotion to reduce stigma and raise community awareness
· Support remote Aboriginal communities to build awareness and community capacity to implement suicide prevention strategies
· Training in mental health first aid, suicide intervention, workplace health and related areas
· Advocacy for improved services at local, state and national levels.
In keeping with MHACA’s vision, the Finance and Administration Team Leader is a key role responsible for supporting the effective functioning of the organisation through the design and delivery of key organisational systems including, finance, human resources, administration, resource management including our vehicle fleet, policy and procedure, quality and safety, and governance support.
The Finance and Administration Team Leader will work under the direction of the Corporate Services Manager to further the objectives of the Association in line with the approved MHACA Strategic Plan. This role also will assist the organisation to manage key tasks, accounts, systems and processes associated with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The Team Leader must uphold the vision, objectives, values and structure of the Association and abide by the approved policies and procedures of MHACA. Responsibilities include managing the office administration; including human resource support to the Association, manage and coordinate a small administrative team and supervise external contracted services; involvement in financial management; ensuring an efficient, effective and safe workplace for all employees. The role will also assist in, and provide advice on, activities designed to meet the business and organisational transitional needs relating to NDIS and be a key contact.
For a full job description please see the link;
Finance and Admin Team Leader PD 2020