MHACA 2019 Training Calendar
Mental Illness affects 1 in 5 Australians. To raise awareness and reduce stigma associated with mental illness, MHACA delivers a range of courses throughout the year and if a standard program doesn’t meet your needs, we work with organisations to develop a program of training and development in mental health awareness that is most suitable for the organization.
Standard Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid is the help given to someone developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis resolves.
This is a 12-hour course aimed at equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to provide assistance of an individual experiencing a mental health crisis, mental health problems or the early stages of a mental illness.
Developing mental health problems covered:
* Depression * Anxiety problems * Psychosis *Substance use problems
Mental health crises covered:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Panic attacks
- Severe psychotic states
- Aggressive behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Traumatic events
- Severe effects from alcohol/other drug use
12 & 13 February 2019 at MHACA
19 & 20 March 2019 at MHACA
14 & 15 May 2019 at MHACA
18 & 19 June 2019 at MHACA
$260 per participant $99 Concession Card Holders
Understanding Mental health in the Workplace
This is 3- hour workshop which covers topics including:
· The Impact of mental illness in Australia
· Understanding the signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance use disorders.
· Creating a supportive work place
· Understand how to engage and communicate with individuals experiencing a mental health problem
· Review the need for self-care.
Understanding Mental Health in the workplace can be tailored to the needs of your organisation with the cost negotiable depending on the training requirements and the number of participants.
To register or enquire about any of these training programmes, please contact MHACA’s Training and Development Officer on 08 8950 4600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org